- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
Students are encouraged to Engage in Community by accessing resources at Lake Forest College and the local community. Below are a few area resources for the LGBTQ community.
ALMA (Association of Latino Men for Action)
Empowering Latino gay, bisexual, and questioning men by providing support, advocacy, and leadership opportunities, through innovative cultural programming.
Asians and Friends Chicago
Founded in 1985, the purpose of Asians & Friends Chicago (AFC) is to bring together gay people who are interested in developing a greater understanding of the culture of Asians and Asian-Americans and in developing friendships through social, cultural and educational activities.
Cafe Pride is a ministry of Lake View Presbyterian Church. Cafe Pride is Chicago’s coffeehouse for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender youths, and their friends, 17 to 21 years old. Cafe Pride is a ministry of gay and straight people with the conviction that growing up requires a lot of mental and emotional work.
Center on Halsted
Center on Halsted is a focal point for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community of Chicago, serving the community’s diverse social, recreational, cultural, and social service needs.
Chicagoland LGBTQ Services Directory
This website provides a comprehensive search engine for numerous services available to the LGBTQAI+ community.
DrugRehab.com is a web-based information provider that focuses on substance abuse and its various causes and co-occurring disorders within the LGBTQ+ community. Their mission is to provide awareness-level information to people who may be struggling, and to connect them with the proper resources for recovery. This website provides more information about some causes, challenges and resources available.
Howard Brown Center
Website (Broadway Youth Center): http://howardbrown.org/byc/
The mission of Howard Brown is to promote the well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons through the provision of health care and wellness programs, including clinical, educational, social service and research activities. Howard Brown designed these programs to serve gay, lesbian, and bisexual persons in a confidential, supportive, and nurturing environment. Howard Brown Health Center is committed to working cooperatively with other community-based organizations serving and contributing to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
PFLAG is Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. It has seven chapters in Northern Illinois, and holds monthly support meetings.
VALEO at Lakeshore Hospital
Valeo at Chicago Lakeshore Hospital provides comprehensive psychiatric and addiction-related treatment for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (GLBTQ) individuals.