- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Lake Forest College is committed to providing programming, outreach, and resources for our vibrant LGBTQ+ community.
PRIDE’s mission is to provide support for and foster community among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer (GLBTQ) students, to educate the Lake Forest College community at large in regard to GLBTQ+ issues, and to empower allies.
Pride is dedicated to enhancing the atmosphere of diversity on the campus of Lake Forest College by reaffirming the dignity and worth of all members of the Lake Forest College community regardless of real or perceived sexual orientation or gender identification. For more information about PRIDE, click here.
- Rainbow Week: A celebratory week in October highlighting LGBTQ+ identity and contributions to society.
- Annual Drag Show: Held annually in the spring semester, this award winning event is one of the most well-attended programs at the College.
The Ally Program involves students, faculty, and staff who have had specialized training to be a resource and support for all members of the Lake Forest College community. After completing training, Allies will have a symbol (placard) placed in their area of residence (students) or work (faculty/staff) that will identify them as individuals who have special skills and training around issues of culture and diversity, and as individuals who are well versed with a wide variety of College resources.
Training for new members of the Ally Program is held each semester.
GENDER, SEXUALITY AND WOMEN’S STUDIES
Studying at the intersection of disciplines like psychology, sociology, politics, and history, students in Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies acquire and apply the tools of scholarship in gender and sexuality across their coursework. For more information about this area of study, click here.
THE RAINBOW NETWORK
The Rainbow Network (TRN) is a brave space designed to empower, guide and support our LGBTQ community on campus. Members of TRN will share stories, engage in discussion and gain a better sense of self while enhancing their professional, social and leadership success. For more information contact the Office of Intercultural Relations at email@example.com