- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Living in the United States
The Office of Residence Life manages the residence halls and housing operations at Lake Forest College and provides a secure, inclusive, and engaging residential community that promotes student leadership, holistic development, and responsible citizenship. Please explore the Office of Residence Life for more information about Lake Forest College housing.
Winter Break Housing
All residence halls are officially closed and vacant during winter break. Please review the specific date and time of move out/move in on the College’s Academic Calendar International students who are unable to find accommodations off-campus are permitted to remain on campus during this time if they register to do so in accordance with Office of Residence Life polices. Note: Food services and other campus services are extremely limited during the winter break.
Registration for Winter Break Housing will be made available in November. There is a $150 administrative charge for those students who need to stay in on-campus housing during the winter break.
Summer Break Housing
All residence halls are officially closed for the summer break beginning the day after finals end for continuing students. See the Academic Calendar for details. There is limited housing available for students in the summer. Summer Housing Applications are typically available after Spring Break. Students who are participating in the Richter Scholars program, taking classes during May term, June term, or July term, and who are working on-campus have priority for Summer Housing. Summer Housing Applications will be due at the end of April — look for announcements. Please contact the Office of Residence Life for further information about housing and the summer board plan.
Chicago Area Information
Lake Forest College’s close proximity to Chicago provides students with access to a major American city that has truly global reach. Lake Forest College has long recognized – and increasingly taken advantage of – Chicago’s extensive educational and cultural resources. Connect with the Center for Chicago Programs to find out more about exploring Chicago.