- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Living in the United States
The Office of Residence Life manages the residence halls and housing operations at Lake Forest College and provides a secure, inclusive, and engaging residential community that promotes student leadership, holistic development, and responsible citizenship. Please explore the Office of Residence Life for more information about Lake Forest College housing.
Winter Break Housing
All residence halls are officially closed and vacant during winter break beginning Friday, December 15, 2017 at 12:00pm and ending Sunday, January 14, 2018. International students who are unable to find accommodations off-campus with the assistance of the Office of Intercultural Relations are permitted to remain on campus during this time. Only Moore, Nollen, and Roberts Halls are open during the break. Students who do not live in Moore, Nollen, or Roberts but require accommodations for the winter break will be assigned to a lounge space. Note: Food services and other campus services are extremely limited during the winter break.
Applications for Winter Break Housing for international students will be made available in October. Approval from the Office of Residence Life and Office of Intercultural Relations is required. There is a $115 administrative charge for those International students who need to stay in on-campus housing during the winter break.
Summer Break Housing
All residence halls are officially closed for the summer break beginning on Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 12:00pm for continuing students. There is limited housing available for students in the summer. Summer Housing Applications are typically available after Spring Break. Students who are participating in the Richter Scholars program, taking classes during Session I or Session II, and who are working on-campus have priority for Summer Housing. Summer Housing Applications will be due at the end of April — look for announcements. Summer housing prices only reflect housing; students who work 25 or more hours per week get a board plan, or food plans are available through the Business Office. Please contact the Office of Residence Life for further information.
Chicago Area Information
Lake Forest College’s close proximity to Chicago provides students with access to a major American city that has truly global reach. Lake Forest College has long recognized – and increasingly taken advantage of – Chicago’s extensive educational and cultural resources. Connect with the Center for Chicago Programs to find out more about exploring Chicago.