- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Office of Intercultural Relations
Our campus community has people from nearly every socioeconomic and cultural background. Preparing students for a global community is part of our mission and US News & World Report calls us one of the most diverse colleges in the country.
Lake Forest College students have experiences that develop understanding, respect, and appreciation for the diverse cultures of the community members around them. Students will be prepared to live, work, and serve, respectfully and responsibly, on campus and in the global community.
The Office of Intercultural Relations supports the College’s mission to “embrace diversity” by promoting intercultural dialogue, understanding, and respect among the many cultural identities represented within our community. The Office staff also works to foster student success for traditionally underrepresented and underserved groups including, but not limited to, students of color, first generation students, international students, and students identifying as LGBTQ.
Celebrate, Educate, and Advocate are the three pillars of the Office of Intercultural Relations. We celebrate our culturally diverse community through our signature intercultural events and collaborations with student organizations. We educate our community about diversity, inclusion, and social justice through trainings, dialogue courses, and programs. We advocate for our students regarding academic and co-curricular concerns and provide opportunities for empowerment and support.
Even before classes start, our students feel the extra support our community provides when they attend First Connection, a pre-orientation program that provides an extra cushion for incoming students as they transition to life at Lake Forest College, both within and outside of the classroom.
The Office of Intercultural Relations provides ample opportunities and programs for students to learn more about the diversity that embraces them at the College. Whether it’s listening to someone on campus share their experiences at Soup and Stories or tapping their feet to the music played at the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Program, our community embraces its cultural diversity.
News from the Office of Intercultural Relations
Global Fest—the community-wide program that celebrates the many cultures that are represented on the Lake Forest College campus—was a huge success.
Students gathered at the Intercultural House to watch the World Cup semifinal match between Croatia and England
The frigid temperature and blowing snow didn’t deter students, faculty and staff from attending the College’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day Holiday Program on Monday.