- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Health Services Staff
Associate Director of Health Services
Kathy Salinger received her Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from the State University of New York at Albany, a Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration from Marymount University, and a Post-Master’s Certificate as a Nurse Practitioner from North Park University. This is Kathy’s thirteenth year at Lake Forest College but she has been a nurse for over thirty years. She is experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide range of health problems and focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling. Kathy aspires to help students make wise health and lifestyle choices.
Services offered in the Health Center include: physical examinations; illness evaluation and management; minor injury evaluation and management; sexual health (birth control, STI education/testing/treatment); prescription management; wellness and nutrition counseling; some on-site testing as well as other blood draws and laboratory services. Services that are not performed on-site will be referred and billed to a student’s individual health insurance plan (such as x-rays, laboratory testing, and physician specialist appointments).
Her collaborating physician is Medical Director, Dr. Lynne Belsky who is available to see students by appointment one afternoon each week. To schedule an appointment Kathy or Dr. Belsky please contact the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240 or schedule via the Forester Health and Wellness Portal.
Lynne Belsky, MD
Lynne Belsky received her Bachelor’s in Science Degree in Physical Therapy from Northwestern University School of Medicine. She practiced Physical Therapy in the outpatient setting 4 years in orthopedic PT and 2 years in pediatric PT before going to medical school. She received her Doctor of Medicine Degree from Rush Medical College and is board certified in Internal Medicine. She worked for Ravinia Associates in Internal Medicine for 5 years before starting her own private practice in 2008. She has been Medical Physician at the Health and Wellness Center for 11 years.
Dr. Belsky brings an expertise in internal medicine, and a fundamental knowledge of musculoskeletal injuries and care from her PT training and experience. As a physician since 2000, she treats adult population ages 16 to 99 years. She enjoys providing preventive lifestyle information, as well as diagnosing and treating acute illnesses.