- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Health Records and Immunizations
All full-time students – new, transfer, resident, and commuter – are required to complete a Health History Report and to include an immunization record. It is important that you complete the Health History Form, enter immunization dates and upload it on the Forester Health & Wellness Patient Portal by July 15, 2019. If forms are not submitted by July 15, students will be subject to a late fee of $100. Students not in compliance with the immunization requirements during their first term of attendance are restricted from registering for subsequent terms until compliance is obtained.
Students that are seeking a religious exemption must complete the religious exemption certificate and submit it with your completed Health History Form.
To access the portal: https://lakeforest.medicatconnect.com. Use your College issued username and password to log-in.
A pre-entrance physical is strongly recommended but not required by Lake Forest College. The State of Illinois Department of Public Health requires for college entrance a record of two measles/mumps/rubella, and diphtheria/tetanus immunizations. Lake Forest College policy requires immunization for meningococcal meningitis and hepatitis B prior to the start of classes. Students who remain not in compliance will have their second semester registration canceled until they have completed the requirements. A late-registration fee will apply. All exemptions (as defined by State of Illinois, medical, age and religious) from the policy must be validated by Health Services. Requests for exemption must be initiated by the student and completed by August 1 for fall semester students and by January 15 for spring semester students. It is important to note that exemption from immunization may result in quarantine of unimmunized students off grounds in the event of a contagious disease outbreak.
In the event of noncompliance and withdrawal, readmission will not be granted until the Health History Report and Immunization Record has been properly executed. If a student leaves the College and returns after a period of one year has elapsed, the Health History Report must be updated by reporting to Health Services for reevaluation. The record is considered a permanent Health Services file. When a student leaves the College – graduated, transferred, withdrawn – the record will be kept for no fewer than five years. The record is confidential and information will only be released with the written permission of the student.
High Burden Countries for TB
Countries or territories listed below that have a high incidence of active TB disease: Angola, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Congo, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Sierra Leone, Somalia South Africa, South Africa, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uganda, Ukraine, United Republic of Tanzania, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Source: World Health Organization 2016-2020. http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/gtbr2017_annex2.pdf?ua=1