- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Health Services at Lake Forest
All consultations, for both Health and Counseling must be scheduled -To schedule: call (847) 735-5240 (leave a message) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no in-person visits at the Health and Wellness Center. You will need to schedule a phone appointment. - To schedule: call (847) 735-5240 (leave a message) or email email@example.com
- There will be no in-person appointments at the Health and Wellness Center
- Call the Health and Wellness Center (847) 735-5240 (leave a message) to schedule a phone screening.
- A Nurse Practitioner or Physician will call to discuss your symptoms/illness in order to determine if a referral is necessary or if your symptoms can be managed through a telehealth consult.
- If you live on campus, the Minute Clinic located inside of CVS Pharmacy in Lake Forest at 520 N. Western Avenue is a resource. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 7:30 pm, Saturday 9 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday 9 am to 4:30 pm. Lunch breaks are from 1:30-2:30 Monday through Friday and 1:00 - 1:30 Saturday and Sunday.
As our community adapts in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, it is normal to feel stressed, anxious, or overwhelmed. As part of our commitment to our students’whole health, we are working with SilverCloud, a clinically proven online mental health platform, to offer programs that build resilience, help you manage anxiety or depression, and help you develop skills to manage stress and sleep issues. Based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness and positive psychology, these action-oriented programs build self-awareness and self-management skills for your emotional health.
All full-time students – new, transfer, resident, and commuter – are required to complete a Health History Report and to include an immunization record. It is important that you complete the Health History Form, enter immunization dates and upload it on the Forester Health & Wellness Patient Portal by January 15, 2019. If forms are not submitted by January 15, students will be subject to a late fee of $100. Students not in compliance with the immunization requirements during their first term of attendance are restricted from registering for subsequent terms until compliance is obtained.
Students that are seeking a religious exemption must complete the religious exemption certificate and submit it with your completed Health History Form.
To access the portal: https://lakeforest.medicatconnect.com. Use your College issued username and password to log-in.
Emotional and physical needs of the students are met in a way that is both corrective and educational. Persons significant to the student, as well as cultural and economic factors, are recognized as affecting healthcare needs. Whenever possible, teaching-learning principles are used to assist the student in providing the highest level of self-care.
Health Services are provided to all full-time and part-time undergraduate students. To schedule an appointment using our on-line patient portal click here.
Health Services Offered:
Visits with the nurse practitioner or physician include (at no charge):
- Physical examinations (such as athletic, travel, employment, and well woman).
- Illness evaluation and management.
- Minor injury evaluation and management (i.e. crutches, wound care and other minor procedures).
- Sexual Health - Birth control, STI education/testing/treatment.
- Wellness and nutrition counseling.
Visits can be scheduled ahead of time (recommended) or we have walk-in hours twice daily.
- Prescriptions for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
Prescriptions, labs, x-rays or other testing and specialist consultation will be arranged by Health and Wellness staff and will be billed to the student’s individual health insurance plan or can be paid separately.
What is a nurse practitioner?
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an advanced practice nurse with graduate level training who provides healthcare services similar to those traditionally performed by a doctor. NP’s diagnose and treat health problems and focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling. They help patients make wise health and lifestyle choices.
When the clinic is not open:
In the event of an urgent or emergency illness or injury when the Health and Wellness Center is closed, students should call the Department of Public Safety at 847-735-5555. An officer will respond to all calls, evaluate your condition, and arrange for transport to the nearest emergency facility if needed.
If your issue is less urgent but can’t wait until the Health and Wellness Center is open, there is a local clinic that has hours of operation in the evenings and on weekends:
Minute Clinic located inside of CVS Pharmacy in Lake Forest at 520 N. Western Avenue. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 7:30 pm, Saturday 9 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday 9 am to 4:30 pm. Lunch breaks are from 1:30-2:30 Monday through Friday and 1:00 - 1:30 Saturday and Sunday.
Why would I need to go to the hospital?
- Emergency Care for illness or injury that can’t wait until the clinic opens.
- Services not provided at the Health and Wellness Center such as radiology (x-rays).
- Inpatient care.
Have the student health insurance plan offered by the College? Cigna has 24/7 Nurseline Access: 800-634-7629. Students should call when seeking professional medical assistance; for example, when they’re not sure if they should go to the doctor or Emergency Room.
The submission period for this form has now ended.