- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Health and Wellness
The Health and Wellness Center supports the College mission to promote an exceptional student experience by providing prevention-focused, accessible and high quality healthcare and counseling for a diverse student population.
We are dedicated to encouraging behaviors that change or eliminate health-related barriers to learning, and to promoting optimal physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and community wellness
News about Health and Wellness
New Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Health and Wellness Mary Grigar loves working with college-age students and helping them through their journey of self-discovery.
Flu season is upon us! The “seasonal flu season” in the United States can begin as early as October and last as late as May. During this time, flu viruses are circulating in the population. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends being vaccinated against the influenza virus. An annual flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances that you will get seasonal flu and spread it to others. When more people get vaccinated against the flu, less flu can spread through the community which helps us to all be healthier. The Health and Wellness Center, Athletics, and Forester Fitness Team will be sponsoring flu clinics in September and October.
First Year and incoming transfer students need to complete Alcohol Edu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates.
Student Athletes (not including FY and transfer) need to complete Sexual Assault Prevention for Student Athletes.
2nd, 3rd and 4th year students need to complete Sexual Assault Prevention Ongoing.
The Health and Wellness Center doctoral internship program has earned accreditation from the American Psychological Association (APA).
Most students struggle at times when things don’t go as planned. Not getting that internship, performing poorly in an important game, or failing an exam will undoubtedly ratchet up a student’s stress level.
Cole Ledford, an advocate for LGBTQ+ and mental health communities, will speak at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 in the Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel.
Current students: Learn more about the State of Illinois Student Optional Disclosure of Private Mental Health Act and complete the Authorization Form.
Lake Forest College stands together to prevent sexual misconduct on and off campus. Watch this video by FOREST Media, the Coalition Against Sexual Misconduct, Poets Igniting Change, and Student Government, then take the pledge online.