- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Group psychotherapy is often the best way to work on problems, especially when the problems stem from or impact your relationships with other people. A group gives you contact with a few of your peers, along with a therapist or therapists, who are not part of your everyday life. Group can allow you a place to give and receive support, ask for honest feedback, and try out new behaviors. It is designed to be a safe environment where you can test out different ways of acting with others.
Read more about our current groups below.
Understanding Self and Others Group
Do you want to improve your relationships or feel better about yourself? Are you interested in connecting in a deep and meaningful way with others? Are you noticing a pattern in your experiences that you’d like to change or understand better? Would you like honest feedback about how you relate to others? These interpersonal process groups will provide a supportive space to explore your feelings, connect with others, and practice new behaviors that can ultimately lead to more fulfilling relationships and increased confidence/comfort with yourself. The times and days of the week for the Fall 2018 Semester are listed below. Groups are expected to start by early October.
Monday Group, 4:10pm - 5:30pm
Facilitators: Benjamin Foster, MA, & Kasey Schultz-Saindon, PhD
Tuesday Group, 2:30pm - 4:00pm Facilitator: Ed Neumann, PsyD
Thursday Group, 4:10pm - 5:30pm
Facilitators: Sindhu Singh, MA, & Mary E. Grigar, PhD
If you would like to learn more or are interested in joining one of these groups, please call the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule a Counseling Services intake appointment through the Health and Wellness Center’s patient portal.