- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
Group psychotherapy is often the best way to work on problems, especially when the problems stem from or impact your relationships with other people. A group gives you contact with a few of your peers, along with a therapist or therapists, who are not part of your everyday life. Group can allow you a place to give and receive support, ask for honest feedback, and try out new behaviors. It is designed to be a safe environment where you can test out different ways of acting with others.
Read more about our current groups below.
Defuse Your Stress
This group is a psychoeducational and skills-based workshop that is designed to help participants manage stress, cope with anxiety, and improve resilience. Participants will be exposed to mindfulness-based techniques, cognitive-behavioral strategies, and experiential processing that will give them opportunities to improve their skills at managing stress and anxiety. It is ideal for anyone who is hoping to find ways to manage stress, decrease anxiety, improve their mood, or sleep better.
Mondays, 4:00pm - 5:00pm, Health and Wellness Center
The group will be held Mondays from 9/17 until 12/10.
Students can attend this group on an “as needed” basis and pre-group registration is not required. If you wish to RSVP so that we know to expect you, you can contact the Health and Wellness Center by phone, email, or in person or RSVP through the campus calendar.
To learn more, please call the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240, email email@example.com, or stop by the Health and Wellness Center in Buchanan Hall.
Understanding Self and Others Group
Do you want to improve your relationships or feel better about yourself? Are you interested in connecting in a deep and meaningful way with others? Are you noticing a pattern in your experiences that you’d like to change or understand better? Would you like honest feedback about how you relate to others? These interpersonal process groups will provide a supportive space to explore your feelings, connect with others, and practice new behaviors that can ultimately lead to more fulfilling relationships and increased confidence/comfort with yourself. The times and days of the week for the Fall 2018 Semester are listed below. Groups are expected to start by early October.
Tuesday Group, 4:05pm - 5:30pm
Facilitators: Abena Benjamin, MA & Kasey Schultz-Saindon, PhD
Thursday Group, 4:05pm - 5:30pm
Facilitators: Louis Formica, MEd & Ed Neumann, PsyD
If you would like to learn more or are interested in joining one of these groups, please call the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule a counseling intake appointment through the Health and Wellness Center’s patient portal.