- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
The mission of the United Affiliate Network - American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (UAN-ASBMB) at Lake Forest College is to assist in the development of programs in biochemistry and molecular biology.
The organization will plan outreach programs and other educational opportunities for both its members and the Lake Forest College community as a whole. This goal will be accomplished by providing students with access to seminar speakers in the field. Outstanding educational activities of the college students in the area of biochemistry and molecular biology will be recognized and promoted as guided by UAN-ASBMB national and regional networks.
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization with over 12,000 members. Founded in 1906, the Society is based in Bethesda, Maryland, on the campus of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. The Society’s purpose is to advance the science of biochemistry and molecular biology through publication of scientific and educational journals: the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, and the Journal of Lipid Research, organization of scientific meetings, advocacy for funding of basic research and education, support of science education at all levels, and promoting the diversity of individuals entering the scientific workforce.
UAN, the undergraduate arm of ASBMB, aims to form scientific and educational communities across the world to help academic institutions develop the best possible undergraduate curricula and to provide more research and learning opportunities for students by pooling their resources and working together.