- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Beta Beta Beta
Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society sends invitations in fall and spring semesters for membership based on specific requirements. Eligible students can become either a regular member or an associate member.
Tri-Beta leadership tries its best to make sure our membership invitation letters, each fall and spring semester, reach all eligible students, but sometimes the information we work with from the registrar’s office is incomplete or inaccurate, and we occasionally miss an otherwise eligible candidate. Please do apply if you fit the criterion below, even if you do not receive an invitation letter.
Tri-Beta bestows Regular membership to students that have declared their major in biology, have taken at least three biology courses counting toward the major at Lake Forest College and have received a grade of B or higher in all biology classes taken. The student must have completed at least one semester of second year curriculum in the biology major. He or she must also have an overall GPA of 3.00. Only Regular members can serve as elected officials for board positions stated in our constitution.
Tri-Beta bestows Associate membership to any student with an interest in the life sciences and has completed BIOL120 organismal biology. The student must also have taken or be currently enrolled in a biology core seminar (BIOL130-series) course. The student should have earned a grade of B or A in all biology courses taken, with an an overall GPA of 3.00.
Transfer students need to complete one semester of classes at Lake Forest College and meet the requirements for membership noted above at the end of that semester.
Members are selected each semester, and officers are elected from among the Regular members at the end of each school year.