- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Beta Beta Beta
Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society sends invitations to eligible students in the spring semester for membership based on specific requirements. Eligible students can become either a regular member or an associate member.
Tri-Beta leadership tries its best to make sure our membership invitation letters, each spring semester, reach all eligible students, but sometimes the information we work with from the registrar’s office is incomplete or inaccurate, and we occasionally miss an otherwise eligible candidate. Please do reach out to a TriBeta member and apply if you fit the criterion below, even if you do not receive an invitation letter.
An updated application form will be included in invitations and uploaded here when available.
Previous Application Form (word document)
Tri-Beta bestows Associate membership to any student with an interest in the life sciences.
Members are invited each spring and participate in our spring induction ceremony. Officers are elected from among the Regular members at the end of each school year.
Tri-Beta bestows Regular membership to students that have declared their major in biology, have taken at least three biology courses counting toward the major at Lake Forest College and have received a grade of B or higher in all biology classes taken. The student must have completed at least one semester of second year curriculum in the biology major. They must also have an overall GPA of 3.00. Only Regular members can serve as elected officials for board positions stated in our constitution.