- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Lake Forest College became the 26th member of Nu Rho Psi, the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience in spring 2012. Nine neuroscience majors and two faculty will be inducted as Charter members of the society on April 28.
The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
advance the discipline of neuroscience; encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields;
promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and
encourage service to the community.