- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
There are two topics covered here: 1) withdrawals during the semester and 2) refunds due to over-payments or loan proceeds.
The schedule of reduced tuition and fees applies if a student completely withdraws from all courses during the semester. The date of withdrawal is determined by the Office of Student Affairs based on last day of attendance (for tuition) and date moved out of housing (room and board). All withdrawals from the College must be reported through the Office of Student Affairs. Refunds are not issued for withdrawing from individual courses.
Refunds will not be issued for dismissal, suspension, or expulsion from the College and no room refunds for removal from campus housing due to judicial sanction.
The Business Office will process any funds due after being notified by the Office of Student Affairs and after the Financial Aid Office reviews grant and loan eligibility. Please be aware that scholarships, loans, and grants may not follow the same refund percentages as the College; you should contact the Financial Aid Office for that information. Financial aid recipients who withdraw from the College after registration but still within a refund period are subject to the College’s refund policy and federal regulations. The Financial Aid Office and the Business Office will jointly determine the appropriate resulting charges and financial aid.
First Semester Second Semester Refund On or before: September 1, 2017 January 23, 2018 90% September 8, 2017 January 30, 2018 80% September 15, 2017 February 6, 2018 70% September 22, 2017 February 13, 2018 60% September 29, 2017 February 20, 2018 50% October 6, 2017 February 27, 2018 40% After: October 6, 2017 February 27, 2018 0%Room and board charges are refunded on a per diem basis up to and including the final date listed on the of Refund Schedule. No refunds will be issued for room or board once 60% of the semester has been completed.
Sometimes a student overpays on his/her account, usually through the receipt of loan funds needed for living expenses or books. In accordance with federal regulations, if the refund is created entirely by federal funds (title iv funds), then the school will process the refund within the time limits of federal law. Otherwise, refunds will be processed after the add/drop date.
- Refunds are issued in the name of the student and mailed to the home address in most cases. You must notify us if this should be handled differently.
- Refunds for students on off-campus programs can be directly deposited into a bank account if the student makes arrangements with the Student Accounts Office.
- Deposits are refunded only if admission is denied or a class is closed or cancelled.