• <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>

Business Office


Payroll is processed on three different schedules.  Students and hourly staff are paid biweekly, on opposite Fridays. Exempt staff are paid monthly on the first business date of the month.

Employment Documents

In order to begin work on campus, you will need to fill out three forms which can be obtained in the business office. You only need to complete once if employment continues for 3 years.
               Form I-9 (federal mandatory form)
               Form W-4 (Federal form) 
               Form IL-W-4 (Illinois Form or Wisconsin form only)

Federal Form I-9: 

The federal I-9 Form establishes your right to work in the U.S.  In order to complete the I-9, you will need to bring in certain original documents which we will attest its validity in person. 

U.S. employees must provide an item from List A; or  an item from List B and List C:  

  • An example of List A item is a US passport; 
  • Examples of List B items are driver’s license or a school id card;
  • Examples of List C items are U.S. social security card or U.S. birth certificate.

 The more complete list of acceptable documents can be found on page 9 of the I-9 Form.  Employees will complete page 7 and a member of payroll will complete page 8.

International students and staff must provide an unexpired passport, Form I-20 and Form I-94. Form I-94 can be found in your passport or online by visiting I-94 Card Verification. Your passport must remain current while you are employed. Any unexpired documents of a foreign national will not be allowed to work.

Please note, the I-9 Form must be completed in person. Please submit in person to the business office, payroll department.

Form W-4 Federal:

You are required to complete a federal W-4 withholding form.  

Form W-4 Illinois:

You are required to complete an Illinois W-4 withholding form.  We do allow residents of Wisconsin to complete a Wisconsin W-4; this allows your wages to be withheld for Wisconsin only.   

Please see any member of the payroll department for more information.