- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Identity Theft Prevention
The Budget and Audit Committee of Lake Forest College approved the written Identity Theft Prevention Program, commonly called Red Flag Rules. This program is designed to detect, prevent, and mitigate identity theft in connection with employee student personal data, cash, and receivable/loan accounts. The Identity Theft Prevention Coordinator for Lake Forest College is the Controller. Identity Theft Policy
Compliance with the Identity Theft Prevention Program is designed to emphasize compliance with all information security requirements, including those detailed in the regulatory agency guidelines. Specifically, the intent of the Identity Theft Prevention Program is to meet the objectives of the FACT Act, as set forth in FTC Rules and Regulations 16 CFR Part 681 – Identity Theft Red Flags. Furthermore, the Identity Theft Prevention Program is aligned with FFIEC and FTC requirements.
Tools required for a successful program at Lake Forest College consists of training Lake Forest College personnel to encourage stronger internal controls over personal data and to adhere to safeguarding of records. The program will be updated periodically to reflect changes in risks to Lake Forest College members; also updated to provide continual safety and soundness of our internal processes to prevent identity theft.