News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- May 30 Lake Forest College’s gender-inclusive housing policy was featured in a recent article in Pacific Standard.
- May 23 The Lake Forest Leader covered Tom Ricketts’ inspiring address at Lake Forest College’s recent commencement ceremony.
- May 15 Commencement speaker Tom Ricketts, Chicago Cubs chairman, delivered a media-worthy address at Ravinia Festival Park on May 13.
- May 11 Professor of Economics and Business Robert Baade weighs in on on the economic risks of Los Angeles’ 2024 Olympics bid in two publications.
- April 20 Tyler Madeley ’18 was interviewed by the Chicago Tribune about his play “Post-Mortem,” which was performed on campus.
- April 14 The Chicago Tribune covered the success of Lake Forest College’s 20th Student Symposium.
- April 11 Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers was quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about the effects of a 30 percent increase in the cost of Cubs tickets on the fan base.
- April 11 Professor of English Robert Archambeau was interviewed by The Huffington Post for National Poetry Month.
- April 4 Courtney Wright ’88 was recently featured in the Chicago Sun-Times for the innovation of her manufacturing company.
- March 28 Jose Antonio Vargas recently gave a talk at the College about his experience as an undocumented immigrant, spurring media interest.
- March 22 Helen Maurene Cooper celebrated the creativity of Chicago’s nail art community and the release of her new book Paint & Polish: Cultural Economy and Visual Culture from the West Side (Onomatopee, 2017).
- March 15 It looks almost good enough to eat, like an exquisite confectionary at a high-end chocolatier. But this delectable chocolate lily is one of Glenn Adelson’s latest finds on his year-long search for wildflowers.
- March 13 Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers was quoted at length about the art of being a grown up in Quartz, the online subsidiary of The Atlantic Magazine.
- March 1 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff will be quoted Wednesday, March 1, on the “Ask Geoffrey” segment of WTTW’s Chicago Tonight.
- February 15 Professor Emeritus of American history Michael H. Ebner reacts to civil rights seminar controversy in a Chicago Tribune Letter to the Editor on February 15.