News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- August 23 The Daily North Shore covered Lake Forest College’s major solar eclipse viewing event.
- August 23 Amie Marks ’93 was interviewed in the Daily North Shore about Women in the Know, a local group she founded where women meet for discussions, lectures, and action.
- August 22 Second City’s Kelly Leonard ’88 was on WGN Radio’s “Wintrust Business Lunch” on August 22 touting the benefit of a liberal arts education.
- August 14 Professor of Economics and Business Robert Baade’s research on the cost of hosting the Olympic Games was cited in a story in the Independent Women’s Forum.
- August 14 Business and studio art major Sarah Spoto ’12 was named an “MBA to watch” by Poets and Quants for her success at the University of Rochester’s Simon Business School.
- August 14 Associate Professor of Theater Richard Pettengill reminisces about his time at Woodstock and encourages acts of patriotism in a Chicago Sun-Times op-ed.
- August 9 Brendan Sullivan ’13 has joined the staff of the Pittsburgh Penguins as the goaltending development coach.
- August 9 Michael Belsky ’82, the former mayor of Highland Park, recently published an article in Crain’s Chicago Business.
- July 11 Courtney Wright ’88 was covered in The Winnetka Current for her business prowess.
- May 30 Lake Forest College’s gender-inclusive housing policy was featured in a recent article in Pacific Standard.
- May 23 The Lake Forest Leader covered Tom Ricketts’ inspiring address at Lake Forest College’s recent commencement ceremony.
- May 15 Commencement speaker Tom Ricketts, Chicago Cubs chairman, delivered a media-worthy address at Ravinia Festival Park on May 13.
- May 11 Professor of Economics and Business Robert Baade weighs in on on the economic risks of Los Angeles’ 2024 Olympics bid in two publications.
- April 20 Tyler Madeley ’18 was interviewed by the Chicago Tribune about his play “Post-Mortem,” which was performed on campus.
- April 14 The Chicago Tribune covered the success of Lake Forest College’s 20th Student Symposium.