News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- April 20 Tyler Madeley ’18 was interviewed by the Chicago Tribune about his play “Post-Mortem,” which was performed on campus.
- April 14 The Chicago Tribune covered the success of Lake Forest College’s 20th Student Symposium.
- April 11 Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers was quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about the effects of a 30 percent increase in the cost of Cubs tickets on the fan base.
- April 11 Professor of English Robert Archambeau was interviewed by The Huffington Post for National Poetry Month.
- April 4 Courtney Wright ’88 was recently featured in the Chicago Sun-Times for the innovation of her manufacturing company.
- March 28 Jose Antonio Vargas recently gave a talk at the College about his experience as an undocumented immigrant, spurring media interest.
- March 22 Helen Maurene Cooper celebrated the creativity of Chicago’s nail art community and the release of her new book Paint & Polish: Cultural Economy and Visual Culture from the West Side (Onomatopee, 2017).
- March 15 It looks almost good enough to eat, like an exquisite confectionary at a high-end chocolatier. But this delectable chocolate lily is one of Glenn Adelson’s latest finds on his year-long search for wildflowers.
- March 13 Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers was quoted at length about the art of being a grown up in Quartz, the online subsidiary of The Atlantic Magazine.
- March 1 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff will be quoted Wednesday, March 1, on the “Ask Geoffrey” segment of WTTW’s Chicago Tonight.
- February 15 Professor Emeritus of American history Michael H. Ebner reacts to civil rights seminar controversy in a Chicago Tribune Letter to the Editor on February 15.
- February 14 On February 11, Vidya Babu, a junior from Illinois Math and Science Academy, became the First Place winner of the 2017 Chicago Brain Bee that took place at Lake Forest College. She will represent the Chicago region at the USA World Bee on March 17 (2017) in Washington, D.C.
- February 9 The media covered Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers and her students who led Lake Forest residents in a planning session for the City of Lake Forest Strategic Plan on February 7.
- February 3 France 24, an international TV channel based in Paris, recently interviewed Rob Baade via Skype, about Paris 2024 and the economic impact of hosting the Olympic Games.
- February 1 Students in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program are working with two Waukegan organizations to help revitalize the city’s downtown, the Lake County News-Sun reported.