- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- October 8 Assistant Professor of Anthropology and Chair of the American Studies Program Rebecca Graff was featured in the news recently for her archaeological work on the Chicago World’s Fair.
- October 8 National Public Radio turned to Professor of Sociology and Islamic World Studies Ahmad Sadri for his perspective on terrorist attacks in Iran and hostility against President Donald Trump at the U.N. General Assembly.
- October 5 An interview with President Stephen Schutt appears in the October issue of Catalyst, an Illinois Science & Technology Coalition publication.
- October 3 Fifteen members of the College’s Nu Rho Psi chapter volunteered at Fall on the Farm at Lambs Farm in Libertyville on Sunday and were included in a news story in the Chicago Tribune.
- August 22
- August 14 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff was recently quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about her archaeological work contributing to the discovery of the Mecca Flats, a residential building that formerly stood at 34th and State streets in Chicago.
- August 1
- July 16 The Archaeological Field School dig is already attracting media attention given the intriguing story about the Underground Railroad connection, and has been featured recently on WTTW’s nightly newsmagazine, Chicago Tonight.
- June 6
- May 15 President Stephen Schutt went on the air live to discuss the virtues of a small college campus during WBBM-Radio’s annual Education Week spotlight.
- April 25 Associate Professor of Religion Ben Zeller was interviewed by KJZZ’s “The Show” about the importance of faith, religion, and cults in American pop culture.
- April 24 Assistant Professor of Sociology and Anthropology Todd Beer lends his expertise to a Colorado Springs Independent story about the relationship of police with communities of color.
- April 4 Matthew Roszak ’95 participated in the first initial coin offerings beginning in 2013, before the term even existed. The crypto entrepreneur gave Richard Branson and Bill Clinton their first Bitcoins.
- March 28
The Lake Forest College Theater Department’s resident costume designer, Nathan Rohrer, was recently mentioned for his work with Giordano Dance Chicago in the Chicago Tribune’s rave review of the dance company.
- March 26 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff was recently quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about the placement of the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago’s Jackson Park—the same site where the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893 was held.