- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
News and Events
News and Events
Dozens of students networked with potential employers from a wide variety of industries during the first Spring Employer Showcase, held on campus in March.
The 2019 Lake Forest Literary Festival has brought an engaging week of readings from remarkable authors to campus. There’s still one more not-to-be-missed reading at 7 p.m. tonight with poet Sandra Simonds in Meyer Auditorium, Hotchkiss Hall. View a photo gallery here.
Nationally recognized musician and music educator Natalie Douglass visited campus to share with music education students her expertise in the Kodály method of musical instruction.
Niam Abeysiriwardena ’20 will advance his research on Parkinson’s disease this summer, thanks to a prestigious grant he received through the 2019 Parkinson’s Foundation-American Parkinson Disease Association Summer Student Fellowship Program.
As classes resumed Monday following spring break, President Stephen Schutt sent a welcome back email to students, faculty, and staff. Click here to read the letter.
Lake Forest College graduate Matthew Helderman ’11, founder of Buffalo8 and BondIt, discusses how the 10,000-hour rule played a role in the success he has achieved as one of the top producers in Hollywood. The Oscar-nominated producer returns to campus regularly to mentor students and give back to the community that kick-started his career in the film industry.
Associate Professor of Mathematics Enrique Treviño was interviewed by a Texas radio station’s “Science Studio” program. In the 26-minute interview, Treviño discussed his work, his fascination with numbers, and his connections to the Southwest. Listen here.
The men’s basketball team earned a trip to the NCAA Division III Tournament for the first time in program history. Foresters took on the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh at St. John’s University in the opening round. They were, however, unable to get past the number 4 ranked team. Forester men’s basketball finished the season 18-10.
The International Student Organization (ISO) held a mingling session with international faculty on February 19 in which faculty members shared memories from their college days, traditions from their homes, and their journey to Lake Forest.
Lake Forest College is one of the nation’s best colleges for students seeking a top education with exceptional career preparation, according to the just-published 2019 edition of The Princeton Review’s annual guide, The Best Value Colleges: 200 Schools with Exceptional ROI for Your Tuition Investment.