You are invited to a career planning extravaganza!
The week of March 15-19th, join us for virtual presentations and interactive sessions to assist you as you plan a rewarding career.
- 7p.m. CT Opening Session: Activating Your Authentic Self: How to Win in Your Job Search and Launch Your Career: Wondering how to bring your authentic self to the job or graduate school search process and what you should be looking for in a future employer? In this two part opening session, hear from Angela Birts ’08, Founder and CEO of Birts Equity and Inclusion Solutions, about how to bring your unique identity into your job search and what that has looked like for her, and Megan Lambert ’14, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Manager at Aon, about how to engage in conscious job-seeking and identify organizations that align with your vision, mission, values, and goals. Register here.
- 6p.m. CT Meet the Professionals: A Law and Public Service Panel: Learn about paths to careers that serve the community with a law and public service panel! Featuring Chelsea McDonald '16, Legislative Aid at the U.S. Senate; Susan DuMont '07, Associate Attorney at Miles & Stockbridge P.C.; and Nyassa Kollie, Regional Recruiter at the U.S. Peace Corps. Register here.
- 4:30p.m. CT Top Recruit: Navigating the Recruiting Process and Getting Hired: Get insider tips from Erika Weiman ‘97 Director Talent Management and Inclusion at CDW, about the hiring process and how you can make your application stand out, get called for interviews and ultimately get hired. Register Here.
- 7p.m. CT From Undecided to Unstoppable: Defining Your Unique Path to Career Success: Hear from a panel of liberal arts graduates about how they moved forward from being “undecided” to unstoppable now in their careers, how they remained resilient throughout the process, and how their unique identities helped them to define their paths to career success! Featuring Stephanie Valtierra '08, Assistant Director, CLIMB Program at Northwestern University; Jordan Gipson ’14, Brand Partnerships at Spotify; and Lisa Philippi, Vice President Of Talent Acquisition at Kaufman Hall. Register here.
- 4:30p.m. CT Building Your Professional Brand: How to Create a Killer Digital Portfolio: Whether you are interested in creative fields such as design, writing, video, digital content/marketing/branding, and user experience, or want to boost your digital profile with potential employers, a digital portfolio is a key part of your professional branding. Learn more about what to include in your digital portfolio, best practices regarding content and layout, how to align your resume and portfolio, and how to leverage your portfolio as a candidate. Featuring Bridget Quinn White from Creative Circle and Ben Tanzer, Founder and Principal of HEFT Creative Strategies and Emmy-award winning coach, podcaster, writer, teacher, publicist and social worker. Register here.
- 10a.m. CT How to Write a Liberal Arts and Sciences Personal Statement: Writing a personal statement is beyond a presentation of yourself. The personal statement also needs to resonate with the context of the application and the stakeholders who will read it. This presentation will help guide students coming from STEM and non-STEM Liberal Arts majors, and a comparison between the two will be demonstrated in order to give students flexibility in their future job searches. Register here.
- 12p.m. CT Closing Q&A: Join the Career Advancement Center to close out Career-A-Palooza! Examine key takeaways from the sessions earlier in the week and ask any additional questions you have about building your professional skills and preparing for job and internship applications. Featuring Ben Rohde, Associate Director of the Career Advancement Center. Register here.
On Campus Disability Accommodations:
Contact Kara Fifield at 847-735-5167 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance.