- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Pulkit Diwan ’16
How did you choose your area of study?
I wanted to go into finance, but I realized that I needed to market myself. Hence, the combination of economics and communication was a suitable one for me.
What did you think of the faculty?
I like the faculty here. I get to make personal connections with them, especially when I access their office hours.
What was your favorite class?
My favorite class was FIYS 160: Economics and Philosophy with Janet McCracken. This course made me interact with the class, which helped me prepare to be actively engaged in my future classes too. Plus, Professor McCracken was an awesome professor and advisor.
Which off-campus program did you participate in?
I participated in the Oxford Study Abroad Programme in Oxford, UK. My favorite part was traveling around UK while balancing my academics at the university. Plus they have beautiful campuses.
What makes Lake Forest College a great place to be an international student?
Lake Forest College is a very diverse college. As you settle in, you would never feel as an outsider and people make you feel welcomed. Hence, the people make it a great place to be at.
Where’s your favorite spot on campus?
My favorite place on campus would be the Calvin Durand Hall. It has a vintage look and is a cozy space to study.