- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Christian Henrique Alas
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
French Club, CEO
I enjoy dancing and listening to music. I like exploring new places, especially on my bike over the summer! And of course, I like watching Netflix.
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I decided to come to Lake Forest College because I was very attracted to the academics. Lake Forest offers innovative majors like Business and Finance which are very rare to find in small colleges. In addition, I also like the size of the student body and the liberal arts ideology. The school is a close-knit community, and my professors know me by name and are always willing to help me succeed, inside and outside the classroom. Another reason I chose to come here was its proximity to Chicago. I enjoy exploring the city, from interesting events downtown or eating lunch in unique places like China Town, Chicago has a lot to offer.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I wanted to be a mentor because as an International and first generation student, I had to face challenges that were not widely understood by everyone. Being a mentee in first connection taught me valuable skills which have allowed me to excel throughout my college career. Now, I would like to contribute as a mentor and help incoming students to ease their transition from high school to college and make this experience as rewarding and successful as possible.
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
I would advise every incoming student to remain open. You might be amazed by the diversity of people on this campus. You will encounter people from all around the world and people with ideologies very different from you. Be ready to be challenged intellectually, but most importantly, don’t be afraid to express who you are