- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Lenora (Layna) Sutton ’21
Why did you choose to attend Lake Forest College?
I chose Lake Forest College for a combination of reasons that just checked all the boxes: the scholarship money, the small size, the close proximity to both Chicago and my home, the beautiful town, and the friendly environment at the school were all important things to me. I found them all here.
What was the deciding factor that sold you on attending Lake Forest?
The deciding factor for me was the people I met along the way. From my advisor to my admissions counselor to the transfer coordinator, everyone made me feel as if they were genuinely invested in me and wanted to see me succeed.
Did you feel welcome as a transfer student at Lake Forest?
I absolutely felt welcome as a transfer student. There’s a really great community of transfer students that I had the chance to get to know during Orientation, but I also have made friends in every class level—from freshmen to seniors.
What do you like best about Lake Forest College?
The thing I love best about Lake Forest how the small size creates a real sense of community. I’ve gotten to know my RAs, other students in my major, fellow transfer students, and my classmates in a way that a big college just doesn’t allow.
What is your favorite spot on campus?
I really love the Cleveland-Young Hall kitchen. I sometimes cook there and people will stop in and say hi. It just makes me feel at home.
What advice would you give to a student considering transferring to Lake Forest College?
The advice I would give to a student considering transferring to Lake Forest is to talk with professors in your major as soon as possible. There may be certain classes you can take at your community college that could make the transition even easier.