- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
How and why did you choose your area of study?
Economics/Finance is something I always want to study. In addition, my parents work in a large bank in China. So there are also some family reason involved.
What attracted you to Lake Forest College as an international student?
I was attracted by three things:
- It is a liberal arts college, the class (student-faculty ratio) are relatively small. Every student is able to get more attention from the faculty
- Traveling to Chicago is really convenient
- Generous financial aid
What do you think of the faculty?
They are awesome. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and accessible.
What makes Lake Forest College a great place to be as an international student?
Location and financial aid
What advice would you have for an international student thinking about attending Lake Forest?
Don’t worry too much in terms of LFC’s US news ranking. The ranking itself doesn’t truly show high quality education you are going to receive at LFC
What experiences did you have at Lake Forest that better prepared you for your current professional career?
The research I conducted in the first year Richter scholar program got published two years later. Faculty, Professor Lemke in particular, gave me a lot of help to apply for graduate school.
Is there anything else you would like to share about your time at Lake Forest?
I would say I enjoyed a lot during my 4 years study in LFC. The town itself is a safe and quiet small town but you can easily take the train to Chicago to enjoy urban life if you want.