- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Andjela Dragojevic ’18
What role did internships play in shaping your career path?
My internships played a huge role! I completed 3 internships, all for credit: Illinois Bone & Joint, Rosalind Franklin University, and Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital. All of the employers I interviewed with for jobs and the interviewer from Northwestern’s graduate school all commented on how they were impressed with the number of internships I was able to complete while in undergrad. They gave me a lot of real world experiences and I was able to network.
What would you recommend Lake Forest College students considering a career in your field do to prepare?
I would say to definitely do as many internships as you can because that is what really made me stand out from the crowd of applications. There are so many great resources at Lake Forest College, especially because of its small size. Most students who go to a big college either get one or no internship experience by the time they graduate.