- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
Mark Kim ’20
Why did you choose Lake Forest College?
The pre-health program at Lake Forest College is one of the best. The percent of Foresters who are accepted into medical school is well above the national average. I want to be a dentist, so that’s why I chose this school. I knew I would get the preparation I needed.
What made Lake Forest College stand out for you?
Primarily, I was looking for small class sizes, because I knew that would be the best learning environment for me. Compared to other private schools, the Lake Forest College Office of Financial Aid was really easy to work with and helped me get scholarships, grants, and other financial aid.
Do you feel welcome here?
I was really nervous about going back to school, because I’m older than the typical college-age student, but I shouldn’t have been worried. Everyone was very welcoming. People I met at Orientation remembered me and offered me advice on where in town to get the best food and what options there are on campus. Everyone is very friendly.
What do you like best about Lake Forest College?
I like that the campus is not too big, everything is readily available, and you’re not too far from town, which is an easy walk. I also like that all the residence halls have study rooms, so you can stay right in your dorm and study. It’s very convenient and accommodating.
What advice would you give to a student considering transferring?
If you’re transferring to a four-year school, consider what kind of atmosphere you like. If you like a smaller campus—especially if you’re interested in pre-health or business, this is the school for you. Lake Forest College is a perfect fit for me. I’m sure it’s going to be a perfect fit for you.