- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Maria Isabel “Isabel” Vinueza Mayorga ’20
Why did you choose to attend Lake Forest?
I was attracted to Lake Forest based on its academic standards and the commitment it has to student success. The first time I visited campus, I realized that Lake Forest College offers a comprehensive learning experience by offering good education and opportunities to get involved in things around campus.
Was there a deciding factor that sold you on attending?
I decided to attend to Lake Forest College because it is a small school with so many resources available to students. I wanted a school with high academic standards, but also services that I can rely on when needed.
Did you feel welcome as a transfer student?
I definitely feel welcome at Lake Forest College. The Office of Admissions made sure I had an easy transition from my previous school to Lake Forest College. Every time I had a question or concern, I got an answer. Also, the transfer orientation offered before classes started helped me to learn more about the College and the different services available to students.
What do you like best about Lake Forest College?
I really like that at Lake Forest College I feel that the entire community cares about my success. From professors with whom I can build personal relationships to a great team at the Career Advancement Center that helped me get first-hand experience in my field, the entire staff and faculty at Lake Forest College works together to make sure I have the best experience while in college.
Are you making use of the Career Advancement Center?
Yes, I am using the Career Advancement Center. This semester I am currently doing a for-credit internship. Staff at the Career Advancement Center have guided me through the process—helping me to get an internship and making sure it contributes to the career path I am pursuing.
Do you have a favorite spot on campus?
I really like how beautiful the campus is. It’s hard to choose just one favorite spot, however I spend most of my days on Middle Campus. I enjoy the green spaces between the different buildings and, on nice days, I can sit outside and have a snack or read a book. It’s very peaceful.
What advice would you give to a student considering transferring to Lake Forest?
Explore your options. At Lake Forest College, you have the chance to design your own career path. If a specific class you are interested in is not offered, talk to your professors and they may be able to create a self-designed class. Lake Forest offers so many resources, use them.