- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Where all have you lived? Where do you live now?
We lived in CA for two years when Sam was in the Navy. Then in Steamboat Springs, CO, for five years, and then back to CT, where we have lived for the past 42 years.
About your family:
I am married to Sam Stout, also in the 1968 LFC class. We have three children, Sheldon Stout Bright, Annie Stout Leady, and Sam Stout, jr. Sheldon has three children, age 16, 14, and 12, Annie has two children, age 8 and 6, and Sam has a four year old and another on the way.
What kind of work did/do you do?
I have been in nonprofit Development work for the past 35 years, in schools, theatre, museums, Boys and Girls Club, Garden Club, etc. I am now retired, but do still sit on a number of Boards.
How do you spend your leisure time?
For the past 15 years, we have done some extensive overseas traveling. We ski with the three generations of family, and I play tennis, paddle, golf, and am an avid gardener.
What are your community involvements?
Hartford Public Library, Boys and Girls Club, Asylum Hill Congregational Church, New Britain Museum of American Art, the Wadsworth Atheneum, Garden Club of Hartford, and Garden Club of America.
Things you've learned to be true in the last 50 years...
Honesty is most important, keep your integrity, stay active, eat well, live for today, value your friends, and always be kind!
Things you've seen in the last 50 years that were spectacular...
The Taj Mahal, the Ganges River, Namibia, wild game in Kenya, the mosques in Istanbul, landscape of New Zealand, the Panama Canal, Patagonia, fiords in Chile, floating gardens in Myanmar, Seychelles, and Bhutan.
Things that have surprised you in the last 50 years....
The miracle births of each of our children, and grandchildren.
Things that have disappointed you in the last 50 years...
Friends that have become sick, and the loss of some way too young.
Have you had a life changing event?
Seeing and understanding the many different cultures in the world, and realizing how very fortunate we are as Americans.
What are you most proud of?
Other thoughts you'd like to share:
We are a fortunate group of 70 year olds, that were lucky enough to go to a fine school, and develop great friendships.
Who you're most looking forward to seeing at the reunion:
So many friends that we made in college, those that we have kept in touch with, and those that we have lost touch with.