- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose to go to Lake Forest College because of the opportunities that students are given. For example, students are able to do research as early as the summer after freshman year, and there is a low student to professor ratio allowing students the opportunity to easily access professors when need be.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor because I did First Connection coming into freshman year, and it was a beneficial experience. As a result, I want be a part of the transition that other students have to Lake Forest College. I like to be of help to others, and this is a program that is very helpful to others.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
Advice I have for incoming First Connection mentees is that you can do anything you set in your mind to do. The professors have office hours set aside for you to get help, the Writing Center and the Quantitative Resource Center available to you. There are so many resources available to help you succeed, all you have to do is be willing to go and get the help.
What do you advocate for?
I advocate for the fair treatment of all people, no matter their the social status, race, or gender. In my eyes, everyone should be treated with decency and respect no matter who they are or where they come from.