- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I came to Lake Forest College because their Business department stood out compare to the other schools I’ve visited. The warm feeling I got while visiting the college really sold me to attend. Also, they have a beach.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I have 7 brothers and sisters and we each took a different path in life that lead to me to be the only one to go to college. I wanted to connect with other like minded people in a similar situation of being the first or only member to go to college.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
The first semester grades will stick with you for the rest of your college career. It’s important to aim for a high GPA your freshmen year because it will be hard to raise it and just as easy to lower it throughout the rest of your college career.
What do you advocate for?
I advocate that everyone gets a fair chance to the same opportunities as others and what they do afterwards is up to them.