- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
Lake Forest College offered me resources and opportunities I knew I would not have access to at other institutions. Along with being one of the most generous financially, the college met all of the requirements I had. When I visited campus, it felt right.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
When I first arrived, I was immediately welcomed by mentors who became a support system for me, people who genuinely cared about my success at the college. These are people who became my friends and I want to be able to be there for mentees the way my mentors were there for me.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
Always. Ask. Questions. Always. If you don’t know the answer, ask, fearlessly. Go to office hours, and take advantage of the resources available. There are so many available, so put your tuition dollars to use. You paid for this.
What do you advocate for?
I believe in public education equality because low-income, minority communities face the most obstacles in getting to college and those who do are already disadvantaged by a lack of resources. Education is key to so many of our global issues like climate change.