- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose Lake Forest College because of its small classroom sizes and easy accessibility to professors. I didn’t want to go to a school where I would just be a number – I wanted to be able to form connections with my professors and be in an atmosphere where I would feel comfortable and not feel lost.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I want to be a mentor because I want to be there for first year students like my mentors were there for me during my freshman year. I’m more than happy to be a resource if it’s academic, just socially, and even emotionally since freshman year can be a rough time.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
Organize yourself and get a planner. Your organization skills will keep you in check and will help you avoid procrastinating too much.
What do you advocate for?
I advocate for the empowerment of women (and men). After undergrad I want to go to graduate school for social work and to be able to work one day with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.