- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I like that it’s a small college, being surrounded by the forest and lake. Also, two of my friends already went to this college and they recommended it to me.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
It was one of my best weeks and best experiences in LFC and I would like to pay it forward by being a mentor. Also, I think I have a lot of experience tranferring from one culture/community to an other and I could give some useful advices.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
If you have a problem or difficulty in something, find your professor. Even though you think that they will not be able to help, there is always a way to find help. Also, use your resources! There are a lot of tutors and help centers, study sessions available that are open to every student. They are extremely helpful and can improve your grade a lot.
What do you advocate for?
It is very hard to pick one, but considering the atmosphere in the college, I find it very important to advocate for racial acceptance and that skin color does not determine the person. I feel like there is still a lot to work on but with mutual understanding this situation can be improved.