- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose to come to Lake Forest because I wanted to be in a liberal arts college that would allow me to explore different fields and that was small enough so I would be a name, rather than a number to professors. I also wanted to be near a city like Chicago that offers so many professional, intellectual and cultural/recreational opportunities.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I wanted to be a First Connection Peer Mentor because the First Connection program is one of my best memories at the college so far; the friends I made and what I learned about myself, others and our community impacted me in a positive way, and I want to be part of that for others. I also look forward to meeting new students from all around the world and learning from their experiences.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
My only academic advice for our incoming First Connection mentees is to not be afraid to ask for help or use the school resources. As an international student, I thought I would not be as good enough as American students, and by seeking help it would mean that I do not know enough. But receiving support only indicate that we are aware that there is always room for improvement, and professors really appreciate it when students show interest to improve in their classes. Using the resources only enhances and furthers the knowledge and skills we already come with.
What do you advocate for?
I advocate for the well-being of all people in a sustainable, inclusive community. I think it is really important to work towards respecting, accepting and including diverse identities in larger ad local discussions, and, at the same time, create a social structure that dismantles economic, political, social and environmental disparities.