- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
Gabriela Gibs Reid
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I wanted to be close to home but still be on my own. The campus is also so beautiful and open that I love experiencing every season on campus.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I wanted to be a First Connection Mentor because I loved First Connection so much when I was a freshman I wanted to participate again. I absolutely love all the activities and connections that are made during this week.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
Do not be afraid to drop classes at the beginning of the semester if you do not like it or feel uncomfortable in it. Also take advantage of taking a class Pass-Fail.
What do you advocate for?
I advocate for the importance and awareness of Mental Health in minority communities. I believe the conversation is lacking in the community and there are individuals that need to know its okay to not be okay sometimes regardless of their situations.