- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
Lake Forest College gave me one-on-one interaction with professors in a small classroom setting, something I needed after going to a big high school where I lacked the guidance I needed to do well in school. Further, I chose LFC because of the small-knit community that is very supportive.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I became coordinator because I wanted to use the skills I learned as a mentor for the past two years to continue the success of this program. As coordinator, I want to help participants have an engaging and life-changing experience.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
The biggest challenge of college is learning how to study effectively. Personally, I learned re-writing notes helps me the most, but that might not work for you. Try different things out and stick with something.
What do you advocate for?
I advocate for refugees because of the immigrant community I grew up in. Getting used to a new culture and home is very difficult, and I believe there should be more resources that will help make the transition easier for refugees.