- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I wanted a small school with access to a city and opportunities to work with faculty. I also wanted a school that would encourage my desire to study as many things as possible.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
My own experience with First Connection was so amazing, I wanted to be able to give back. I think the work First Connection does is really important for student success.
What academic advice do you have for our incoming First Connection mentees?
PRIORITIZE. Get everything done in order of most urgent/important before you do anything else. It sounds obvious, but when your friends want to hang out it can be hard to say no, even if you have a paper due soon.
What do you advocate for?
I am an advocate for intersectionality in feminism: acknowledging that different levels of inequality exist between different identities (race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc) and working to uplift members of all communities.