- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Where all have you lived? Where do you live now?
Except for a year in Narragansett, RI and one in West Roxbury, MA, we have lived exclusively in Dedham, MA
About your family:
Sandy + I celebrated our 50th anniversary last year and spent a week at Disney World with out 3 children (Jen, Ned + Sam), their spouses and our 9 grandchildren. (Actually, Ned’s wife stayed home with their 2 little ones.)
What kind of work did/do you do?
I spent 7 years at Dexter School, 20 at Noble + Greenough School and 20 with Dunbar Educational Consultants. So, Sandy and I have basically spent all our working years in education and each continues today, but in different ways.
How do you spend your leisure time?
Family is #1 - beyond that: gardening, exercise, volunteering, some travel, reading and puttering.
What are your community involvements?
Trustee at a local school, working with the Old North Church and their education/outreach department and have started, with a former colleague, a group called “Higher Ground”which assists veterans and/or family members who want to continue with their educations, primarily at the college level.
Things you've learned to be true in the last 50 years...
The importance of family, the value of hard work and the necessity for a positive attitude in life.
Things you've seen in the last 50 years that were spectacular...
The births of my children, man landing on the moon, the election of Obama, the civil rights movement, the ability for all people to come together in a true time of need and the Red Sox winning the World Series.
Things that have surprised you in the last 50 years....
What computerization has done to our lives and spending a lifetime working in a field I swore I’d have nothing to do with back in college.
Things that have disappointed you in the last 50 years...
Man’s inability to get along peacefully and the spread of disease and illness
Have you had a life changing event?
The birth of our children and now grandchildren
What are you most proud of?
Other thoughts you'd like to share:
I hope as many as possible will return for the 50th
Who you're most looking forward to seeing at the reunion:
The Class of 1968, we were blessed with a good one and of course, members of the Jock Room - 228 Blackstone!