- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Where all have you lived? Where do you live now?
Born in Winthrop, grew up in Newton and settled in Framingham, MA
Graduate school in Toledo, OH
Summers in Narragansett, RI
Winters split between Framingham and Boca Raton, FL
About your family:
Married to Debby
Kids: Matthew, Lori and Becky
Three grand children
What kind of work did/do you do?
A CPA focusing on improving government efficiency and effectiveness, my practice is financial consulting to governments.
Worked for 15 years with KPMG, running their Boston office government consulting practice before starting my own company in 1994.
Instructor in Government Accounting and Finance for over 30 years, 15 years with Bentley University.
Co-own a software company to calculate Other Post Employment Benefit liabilities for small government plans.
I am still working full time, but I balance the summer and winter months with serious golf, travel, walking, and beach time.
How do you spend your leisure time?
Family, beach, traveling, movies, music, walking, and golf
What are your community involvements?
Little League and Babe Ruth league baseball and softball coach for 20 years.
Belong to many government finance and accounting organizations.
Dean’s Advisory Committee, Suffolk University Sawyer Business School.
Member of the Narragansett RI Citizens Financial Advisory Committee.
Things you've learned to be true in the last 50 years...
Things do not get clear, they get clearer.
Why being healthy is so important.
The importance of family and friends.
What a special class we had and have.
Things you've seen in the last 50 years that were spectacular...
The birth of my kids.
Being one of 800 Vietnam veterans honored by the Boston Red Sox on field at Fenway Park.
Things that have surprised you in the last 50 years....
Been around long enough that nothing surprises me anymore.
Things that have disappointed you in the last 50 years...
The lack of respect and the treatment of returning Vietnam veterans.
How we as a nation seem to want things instantaneously.
The inability of the US Congress to remember that this is a government of the people, by the people and for the people.
Have you had a life changing event?
Passing senior comps.
Marrying Debby, raising a family.
Vietnam, the experience of being there and returning home.
What are you most proud of?
Having the opportunity to work with my son over the past 8 years.
Finishing a 10 mile race walk this year at age 70 without pain.
Bronze Star Recipient, US Army.
4,000,000 miles on American Airlines and all the countries in that venture.
Other thoughts you'd like to share:
Being the unofficial Class of 1968 Scribe has allowed me to reconnect with many classmates.
Seeing the momentum growing to make our 50th reunion not just incredible, but historic.
Who you're most looking forward to seeing at the reunion:
Everyone. This reunion will be historic.