- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Where all have you lived? Where do you live now?
I grew up in Englewood, New Jersey. After graduation and the Army I lived in Paris and Holland for 2 years. Currently, I live in Wichita, Kansas.
About your family:
Wife and one son, Henry Brinckerhoff.
What kind of work did/do you do?
I am largely an engineer. My field includes mechanical and electronic design. My. company manufactures magnetic hyperthermia instruments. 70 units have been sold around the world for cancer treatment.
How do you spend your leisure time?
Tennis and some hiking in Wyoming and Borneo.
What are your community involvements?
I was a big brother for 10 years for a teenage boy from a broken home.
Things you've learned to be true in the last 50 years...
The country was once the manufacturing envy of the world. Now it must reverse its manufacturing decline or real incomes will continue to slide.
Things you've seen in the last 50 years that were spectacular...
Flying a helicopter at tree top level above Vietnamese jungles
Things that have surprised you in the last 50 years....
Things that have disappointed you in the last 50 years...
Decline in work ethic, slide in community envolvement, fracture in national identity.
What are you most proud of?
Lots of things.