Suzanne Nyren ’73, P’99, P’03
Senior Director of Alumni and Community Engagement
1. What is your role as part of the development and alumni relations team?
My day-to-day goal is to increase alumni engagement and support. My role consists of planning Homecoming & Reunion Weekend, Family Weekend, Regional events, Alumni Board Meetings; recruitment and management of volunteers; assisting alumni with questions and anything else, as needed.
2. What excites you about your work at Lake Forest College?
I speak with alumni, parents, friends, and students each and every day. I love hearing their stories and being able to answer questions.
3. Describe your relationship to the College?
I am an alumna of the College. My father attended the College, I met my husband here, two of our children are alumni, as well as my son-in -law. I love the excellence of the faculty and coaches, their personal attention to help students achieve their best, and the beautiful campus. Proximity to Chicago and international studies are also a huge plus.
4. How many years have you worked at the College?
This is my 20th year working at College, I volunteered previously on the Alumni Board, events and reunions.
5. One ‘did you know’ fact about yourself:
One of my dogs is named Forester.
6. Anything else you want our donors to know?
When I attended Lake Forest College, it was known as the Enchanted Forest. It is still enchanted and inhabited by a talented campus family of students, faculty and staff.