- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Fall Admitted Students
Jared Applegate ’20
What is your favorite Orientation memory?
My favorite orientation memory has to be the beach party! Great weather, awesome food, and hanging out with people who would later become some of my best friends made for an unforgettable day!
What is one piece of valuable advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
I would tell an incoming student to always keep their mind open for new passions that they may discover here. Although I am a neuroscience major, I was placed into an art history first year studies class. At first, I couldn’t have been more disappointed. However, I found that the professor was amazing, and that I loved the subject! Because of that great experience that opened my mind to new subjects, you can still regularly see me at art openings in Durand Art Institute on campus.
What is your favorite event or program at Lake Forest College?
My favorite event in the past year was Winter Formal. I laughed, danced, and had a great time with my friends under the stars.
What organizations are you involved in?
Relay for Life, the Club Lacrosse Team, Photography Club, and Future Healthcare Professionals
What is your favorite place to hang out on campus?
I love to hang out at the Library. Whether I’m hitting the books on the lower level, socializing on the first floor, or doing something in between on the second floor, the library is always a place I can go to.
Favorite Movie, NetFlix or TV Show
My favorite show on Netflix has to be House of Cards! My favorite movie is definitely The Shawshank Redemption
Favorite Professional or Collegiate Sports Team
The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” -Winston Churchill
100 Years by Five for Fighting