- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Kennedy Strombeck ’19
Why did you choose Lake Forest College?
I was interested in attending a small, liberal arts college near a big city and was focusing on New York. At a college fair, my college counselor pointed me to the Lake Forest College booth. I talked to the Lake Forest Admissions representative quite a while. I also looked at the College’s website a lot and even talked to a girl from my high school who came here. I got a pretty good feel for the school before applying. It seemed like a good fit.
Now that you’re here, what are some of the things you like best about Lake Forest College?
Definitely Chicago. My first year I took a theater class in the Loop and traveled to the city all the time. It’s not a big ride on the train and I love going to the Art Institute, all the museums, the Shedd Aquarium, and the theater. Even the city of Lake Forest has a lot to offer, so there’s a lot of stuff to do. Because it’s a smaller school, I’m a very involved student on campus. I do a lot of work with different clubs and organizations.
What other opportunities do you hope to pursue at Lake Forest College?
I just applied to study abroad in Buenos Aires for spring semester 2018—my junior year. That will be focused mostly on getting my Spanish minor completed. I’m really excited about that. I hope to participate in the In The Loop Program my first semester senior year. My business focus is marketing so I’d like to get an internship with a marketing firm in Chicago while I’m In The Loop. That will make a big difference in my career.
Why should students from your area consider Lake Forest College?
I graduated from a very small, academically rigorous high school—there were only 80 students in my graduating class. Coming to Lake Forest was a good option, because it’s similar environment. Even though Lake Forest is very academically focused, you get personal attention from professors that you won’t necessarily get at any other school. That was one of the biggest draws for me. I’m a focused academic student, but it doesn’t always come natural to me. Having that personal relationship with my professors—and having tutoring available readily—has been really important to me. That’s something that is very unique and special about Lake Forest College.