- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Beth Bertacchini ’20
Why did you choose Lake Forest College?
The first time I saw Lake Forest College was when I came to campus to watch my friend in a football summer camp scrimmage. When I saw the campus, I thought it was gorgeous. At the time, I didn’t know what a liberal arts school was. I thought it, literally, was the arts. Later, my college counselor asked if I thought about applying to Lake Forest College. So I did. I came back to campus for a tour in February of my senior year. That’s when I decided this was where I wanted to go. I went through the motions of applying to other schools, but Lake Forest College was it.
What do you like best about Lake Forest College?
When I walk around campus, everyone says hi to everybody. No one turns the other way. It doesn’t matter if you’re a student, a professor, or a staff person. Everyone is so friendly. That’s my favorite thing.
What opportunities do you hope to pursue at the College?
I’m interested in joining Student Government and getting involved in the Gates Center with event planning. I also plan to do an internship and get off campus more and get involved in the community through service projects.
Why should prospective students from the Milwaukee area consider Lake Forest College?
The Lake Forest area is very similar to Milwaukee. The College is close to a big city—just like New Berlin is to Milwaukee—yet Chicago takes it a step up. There are so many more opportunities in the Chicago area than there are in Milwaukee. Also, my transition from high school to college was very smooth. Lake Forest College is a really good fit for me.