- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Ethan Webster ’19
Why did you choose Lake Forest College?
I was applying mostly to large schools on the East Coast when my grandfather, who grew up in Lake Bluff and graduated from Lake Forest High School, suggested I look at Lake Forest College. I came here on a tour and loved it. I liked the small class size, the closeness of the campus—you can really get to know everyone—and the casual conversational atmosphere with professors.
Now that you’re here, what do you like best about Lake Forest College?
I like how inclusive the campus is. I’m a resident assistant, so I deal with a lot of students. I personally haven’t seen any discrimination or openly hostile behavior. People like to talk things out. While not everyone shares the same beliefs, everyone is open to having open conversations.
You can come here for the academics, but in order to stay you have to find a niche. It’s easy to find that niche at Lake Forest College.
What opportunities do you hope to pursue here?
Because I want to work in asset management and, eventually, hedge fund management after graduation, I want to do more internships in my field. There’s a robust internship program in finance and business at Lake Forest College. I also hope to do the In The Loop Program, where I’ll live in the city with other students, take classes, and work at an internship downtown. I’m currently a member of the Investment Club, but I eventually hope to be president.
Why should prospective students from Detroit consider Lake Forest College?
If you want a small school with deep personal connections to professors and with your fellow students to focus on what happens after graduation, Lake Forest College is the place for you. You will be able to find your niche and be noticed.