- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Nadeige Uwamba ’17
What did you think of the faculty?
Being able to forge personal relationships with professors has meant a great deal to me. Getting to know professors from different departments has helped me broaden my horizons in terms of what I want to do in my career.
Have you studied off-campus?
I studied abroad in Paris, where I interned at the United Nations there, at UNESCO. Having the opportunity to study a semester in Paris was a very big deal for me. It changed my life. When I do the In the Loop program this year, I’ll be interning at UNICEF, another UN department, in Chicago. In the Loop is a good opportunity for me to go out into the real world and see what it’s like before I graduate. Hopefully, it will help me see where I want to be in a couple of years and what industry I want to go into.
What are your plans for the future?
My ideal dream is to work for the United Nations. Landing two internships for different UN offices–in Paris and Chicago–will give me a chance to kick-start my career.