- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Sean Tilton ’18
How did you choose your area of study?
When I was looking at colleges, I was really unsure of what I wanted to major in, and Lake Forest offered a lot of opportunities to explore different options. I was considering continuing to play soccer, or continuing my study of music, or looking into new opportunities. Lake Forest allowed me to explore all those pathways.
What did you think of the faculty?
I’ve gotten to know faculty members pretty well. The professors are absolutely phenomenal in giving support, offering help with what you need to work on, and helping you identify what your strengths are. I appreciate the opportunity to get to know my professors and to be able to conduct research. If I went to a different school, I feel that I would not get that one-on-one interaction you sometimes need.
What was your favorite class?
During my freshman and sophomore year, my professors encouraged me to take courses in subjects that were outside of my comfort zone. I’ve taken sociology and anthropology, communication, and even a Disney, Music, and Culture course. Those were three very different classes exploring very different topics, but I learned a lot from each of them.