- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Rodrigo Sanchez ’19
What did you think of the faculty?
My professors have met or exceeded my expectations. They’re very willing to work with me, because there are still aspects of my academics that I struggle with. Overall they are kind and knowledgeable, which is definitely something you want in your professors.
What was your favorite class?
It doesn’t have anything to do with my major, but Professor Fischer’s Science of Cooking course, which was my First Year Studies class. I love food and I really love science, so seeing those two come together was awesome.
How do you feel that a liberal arts education is preparing you for your career?
Working on a research project outside of my major broadened my horizons. I’m developing depth in my own field and breadth by taking classes and having experiences outside my major, which will give me a leg up after college. It’s critical to be well-rounded, because the world today is multifaceted and always changing. My experience makes me more adaptable to those changes. You must view the world’s problems from multiple perspectives in order to solve them.
How have scholarships affected your education?
Receiving scholarships to study at Lake Forest has allowed me to focus more on my studies and have time to get involved in extracurricular activities that interest me. I’ve seen students who have to work multiple jobs to pay for school. Sometimes their grades suffer and they don’t have time to explore other interests. I have a little bit more freedom.