- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Fall Admitted Students
Ryleigh Hughes ’19
What is your favorite Orientation memory?
My favorite Orientation memory when I was a new student was competing in a game show with a Forester Guide during one of the evening events.
What is one piece of valuable advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
Don’t stress about making new friends within the first moment you arrive on campus. Everyone is going through the same experience as you. I promise, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet new people. It will come naturally. You will meet people that share your interests and may even open your eyes to new ones. Talk to your Forester Guides! They are here to help you first and foremost with whatever you may need. Trust them. They were once new students like you. And they’re a lot of fun! You are going to have an amazing time here at Lake Forest College.
What is your favorite event or program at Lake Forest College?
My favorite program at Lake Forest College is the Student Programming Board. They put on some awesome events and they’re always holding fun activities around campus!
What organizations are you involved in?
Garrick Players, Theater Department, Greek Life, Forester Guides
What is your favorite place to hang out on campus?
I like to hang out in the Student Center with friends. You can rent out video games, play pool or table tennis, eat snacks from Boomer’s or the P.O.D., and more.
Favorite Movie, NetFlix or TV Show
Favorite Professional or Collegiate Sports Team
“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs.
“Carpe Diem” which is Latin for “seize the day.”
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles