- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Fall Admitted Students
Bruce Holtman ’19
What is your favorite Orientation memory?
It was after one of the team building games, we had a little time to kill. so my group sat in a big circle on the quad. we just talked and got to know each other better. It stands out to me because it was such a nice day just sitting in the grass. that’s my favorite memory.
What is one piece of valuable advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
The first weeks of getting to school talk to everyone. No matter how weird or scared you may feel you are not the only one feeling like that. everyone is going through the same thing you are. Sit with people that you dont know, dont just stay with one group of people you meet the first couple of days. Be open during the orientation process, yes it may be silly but its great stories and will be some of your favorite memories.
What is your favorite event or program at Lake Forest College?
My favorite event at Lake Forest would be the Beach Bash.
What organizations are you involved in?
I am Involved heavily with the theatre department and music department. I work at the theatre doing shop work. I am in greek life and involved with the improv group on campus.
What is your favorite place to hang out on campus?
One of my first free day on campus it went exploring for cool spots. When its warm there is a cool reading spot behind Carnegie. It’s a little stone circle in the middle of flowers. Most of my time is spent in Hixon or Ried so the Reid Wood Lounge and the practice room are a good spot to chill.
Favorite Movie, NetFlix or TV Show
The Hangover and Game of Thrones
Favorite Professional or Collegiate Sports Team
THE CATCHER IN THE RYE BY J.D. SALINGER