- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
Currently I am a residential hall senator for Nollen Hall and as a result I am actively involved with Student Government since last semester. I am also working as a Student Ambassador at the Admissions Office. Furthermore, this semester, I was chosen as a First Connection Mentor for the summer. Recently I just joined Alpha Tau Omega, which is often referred to as a leadership fraternity. I am looking forward to being an active member of ATO. It has a very inclusive and warm environment where ambitious students are encouraged to lead and to be role models.
I am an outdoor person who likes nature. Due to that I like all kinds of outdoor activities such as hiking, track, camping. Also I love to travel and I have been in many places such as Israel, Belgium, and Norway etc. Also I like to work with people and getting involved in my community.
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
Before I decided to come to Lake Forest College, I had to do a lot of research about my educational opportunities here at in the United States. I have never really thought about studying in the US, but I was ecstatic about the opportunity and as a result applied to various numbers of schools. I wanted to attend a school that had a small student to teacher ratio and at the same time embraced diversity. I wanted to develop relationships with my peers and professors beyond a classroom level and at the same time be in an environment where your race, gender nor color was a barrier. Furthermore, I looked for a school which can offer a wide variety of opportunities both on and off campus. It was also important that the school was easily accessible and public transportation system was available, the main reason being, as an international student I did not plan to have a car. Lake Forest College was a perfect fit for me as it met all the criteria and it has great surroundings- full of nature- which I really enjoy.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I am going to work with diverse first year student groups. I am excited about this because I believe First Connection was a significant impact on my college journey, and I want to share these experiences with other people too.
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
Choose an area of study that you are most passionate about, but are also willing to work hard for it.