- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
Member of United Black Association and Black Women United
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose Lake Forest College because of the location and study abroad opportunities. As an out of state student, financial aid was a huge part of my decision as well. College is expensive, so it was important that I would be able to afford it and take advantage of the opportunities it had to offer.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I wanted to be a first connection mentor because I wanted to make connections with the incoming class. I understand that the adjustment period into college can become overwhelming and difficult. I was in their shoes a few years ago and I want to be a support system to them during their transition. I believe I can provide good advice and direct them to the resources they may need. First connection may only be a week, but I think it shapes every participants first year of college, and I want to help shape it for the best.
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
One academic advice I would give is to plan. It is easy to get off track and forget assignments. If you get a planner and stick to it, it will make your college experience easier.